1 small can, canned pumpkin
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter melted
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup frozen cranberries
1 cup sugar
Nov 29, 2009
at 12:12 PM
Nov 23, 2009
- The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski ~ Born mute Edgar has an idyllic childhood with the Sawtelle dogs until his Uncle Claude returns to destroy the world as he knows it. I found the book kinda weird and hard to get into.
- Dinosaurs in the Attic an Excursion into The American Museum of Natural History by Douglas J. Preston - I found the book to be interesting and informative.
- Scarpetta by Patricia Cornewll ~ A real page turner, the gang minus Rose is reunited in New York City.
- Dream Warrior by Sherrilyn Kenyon ~ Jericho (aka Cratus) a Titan helps the Oneroi broker a deal with Zeus to return their emotions, and rescue the Oneroi and Skoti from Noir and Azura all for the love of Delphine.
- The Winds of Dune by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson ~ Lady Jessica returns to Dune after receiving news that a blind Paul walked over into the desert.
- Bad Moon Rising by Sherrilyn Kenyon ~ I had been looking forward to reading Fang & Aimee's story but I am very disappointed in it. First off Kenyon seems to have forgotten that Cherise Gautier was killed leading to Nick committing suicide and becoming a Dark Hunter, which then lead to the discovery he was the Malachai. Even though in Bad Moon Rising Thorn says the increased demon activity is due to the Malachai being unbound. Serious problem with her storyline there. My next major complaint is that Ash was there when Maman Peltier was wounded (saving Fang's life) and could have healed her but didn't. I am also annoyed with Savitar he revoked Sanctuary's license forever in a fit of pique (felt bad about it after he did it) which made the attack where Maman Peltier lost her life possible.
- Evidence by Jonathan Kellerman - Lots of twist and turns and plots within plots. A very good read.
- Never Again by John Ashcroft - Ashcroft defends the Patriot Act.
- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins ~ excellent book, very well written.
- The Web And The Stars Book 2 of the Timeweb Chronicles by Brian Herbert ~ This book was full of surprises and I liked it much better then Book 1 (mainly because I now know all the characters). If you are looking for a books to get a young person I do recommend this series. Noah's nephew becomes Doge of the Merchant Prince Alliance and forms an alliance with Noah and his Guardians. The Parvii Tesh will sacrifice her race for the good of the galaxy and the Tulyans will work with the humans to liberate the Aopoddae.
- Webdancers Book 3 of The Time Web Chronicles by Brian Herbert ~ Tesh chooses to have Noah's baby. Noah evolves into something that isn't human and that has the power to control an Aopoddae weapon capable of great destruction. Parais risk her life to save Dux and Acey. And the Web Spinners are revealed as the greatest threat to the galaxy.
- The Scarpetta Factor by Patricia Cornwell - Jean Baptiste Chandonne is back and badder then ever.
- Kindred In Death by J. D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts) 16 year old Deena MacMasters is murdered by her "secret" boyfriend while her parents are away celebrating her Dad's promotion to Captain of the NYPSD. Can Eve find out WHY and WHO before the killer kills again?
at 10:25 AM
Nov 8, 2009
We went to The Olive Garden in D'Iberville for Hubby's birthday. The service was excellent and the place was packed but the food is only mediocre. I much prefer Capone's. I got the Venetian Apricot Chicken a grilled chicken breast in an apricot citrus sauce, served with broccoli, asparagus and diced tomatoes. The chicken breast OK and I did like the sauce but the broccoli and asparagus were tough. The salad it was served with was disappointing, but on the plus side they did keep us supplied with warm bread sticks.
at 8:53 AM